EGEA brings together young geographers in an atmosphere of respect, inclusion and personal development. This inspires global understanding of environmental and social processes and enables us to bring about a positive impact on society.
Due to the vast diversity of topics in Geography, Geographical Informational Systems have become a valuable tool for us. Whether it is related to university studies, research or places of work, many EGEAns have a very high interest in GIS, for new innovations in both industry and academia.
Thanks to our partnership with Esri our members can benefit from a one year license of ArcGIS as part of their membership. Moreover, we have a general practice that each of our most important events offers at least one GIS workshop. These can be hosted by Esri representatives or EGEAns who have a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of GIS.
But besides offering this “Gimmick” to our member we also have other missions:
- offer learning opportunities through non-formal education all over Europe.
- to connect people around Europe so they can live our vision
- offer international cooperation and intercultural dialogue
- support people to help them grow as a person and backup their resume.
- we want to become the voice for geographers.
ValuesWe define ourselves as a dynamic network with local groups, officially called “entities”, which represent the foundation of our association and also our values.
- EGEA is based on Friendship. Our members belong to one family.
- We live respect for other cultures. We create intercultural environments and empower mutual understanding.
- We encourage curiosity. It is our main drive to explore and discover the diversity of Europe.
- We spread inspiration. Our European family encourages young people to step up and take ownership of the future.
- We believe in personal development. EGEA is offering a supportive, intercultural environment for young people to experience personal growth.
To conclude, as we generally say: “Experience Geography and Explore Europe!”
The membership is for free. Just register with on the EGEA website. If you have any questions, simply write them a mail.