Thanks to a comment on our facebook page: Due to the conflict in state finances in the U,S and A gesocientists are affected: data providers like the USGS and their websites like landcover.org and others are unavailable!
Still available sites are:
- National Wildlife Health Center
- Disease Maps
- USGS Hazards Data Distribution System (HDDS) satellite and aerial imagery portal
- USGS coastal erosion hazards information
- USGS landslide information
- USGS volcano information
- USGS earthquake information
- USGS information on geomagnetic activity
According to the text on usgs.gov those sites and their services are saving lives or property. BTW: Can anyone explain, why a site about geomagnetics will save lives or property?